This recap is about 4 days late. I got busy and it’s hard to update your post with the All Star Game going on. The West won the All Star Game and Danielle Robinson participated in the win. Getting back to this game, the Silver Stars had an early camp day start and the Liberty were in town. The Silver Stars had won their previous match up against the Liberty and for the first time this season they swept the series against another team. The Stars improved to 6-12 while the Liberty dropped to 7-11.
- This game was ugly. There was no denying it. It was un watchable at certain times.
- Both teams shot less than 40% for the game. The Silver Stars were just able to gut it out and get a much needed win
- Jayne Appel had another strong rebounding game with 13 rebounds. If only Jayne looked to score more, she would have a good chance of being the most improved player.
- The Silver Stars were able to hold all of the Liberty weapons to less than stellar shooting nights and defended them well
- The Danielle Adams – Jayne Appel inside and outside combo is interesting. I want to see more than 2 games, but I think the Stars could benefit from this starting combo going forward. You get an inside post presence with Jayne and an outside shooting presence with Danielle making it difficult for teams to leave both.
- Bill Laimbeer was ejected from this game after what looked like a questionable call for the Liberty. It was that kind of afternoon game.
- Danielle Robinson had a great All Star performance with 17 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds
- Jia Perkins struggled but she had other great stats such as 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals
- Silver Stars are on a two game winning streak! Let the celebration begin.
- Dan Hughes wins his 200th game. Way to go Dan! Dan is one of the best coaches in this league who has been able to have an impact in his players.
- The Silver Stars biggest attendance as 12,000+ were at the game.
- The Silver Stars now only have two matchups against the East – one on the road against Indiana and one at home against Atlanta
- The Silver Stars don’t play again until August 2nd when they face the red hot Minnesota Lynx