Team Canada versus Team France Game Recap
Team Canada is the top team in Group B after they defeated France and are now 2-0 in group stage play.
In the first quarter, they got out to a hot start and never looked back. They led by six at the end of the quarter. In the second quarter, they extended the lead near the end of the quarter and led by double-digits by halftime.
In the third quarter, it was much of the same and at one point, Canada had a 20 point lead. Canada was able to maintain their double-digit lead throughout the third and fourth quarters as well. Final score was 59-48. Canada was led by Nirra Fields in scoring with 17 points while France was led by Gabby Williams who finished with 13 points.
Canada was able to hold France to 30.6% FG and 15.8% from three.
- Wow, what a statement win by Team Canada. To take down France after they beat Australia is impressive.
- Canada played solid defense all game long and France wasn’t able to make it a game late in the fourth quarter.
- To become the top team in Group B which also has France, Australia as well is truly remarkable. It shows the continued growth of Canadian women’s basketball.
- Kayla Alexander had yet another stellar game. She finished with 9 points/14 rebounds and was excellent in terms of getting rebounds
- Canada drew up a play with less than 20 seconds left because you need points to try to finish in first place in the group.
UP NEXT: Canada will now look to secure it’s spot in the knockout stage against Team Japan on Sunday at 6:30 am EST. Game will be on Rogers Sportsnet. The game preview will be posted tomorrow.